Thursday, March 1, 2012

In The Flesh

It didn't work. I knew it wouldn't, but I tried it anyway.

I set up a video camera in the bedroom before last time. A tiny little one. NannyCam or something like that, I don't know the name. I sent the tape to Social Services. The same guy that always showed up came to the door. The Worms were in his skin, too. And the puppet girl was standing behind him, grinning at me and holding the Worms and making him dance. He didn't talk. She did.

Her voice sounded like Eleanor's.

She said that if I ever tried something like this again, she'd have Bill take me back up to the bedroom and not let me out for two weeks. And she'd come to visit me personally instead of just letting Bill do it. She said I still had work to do before she let me leave here. She said she wasn't done having fun with me yet, and neither were her friends. She said I still had some work to do before I was ready.

And then she left.

I don't know if she's real or not. But I'm not going to let her win. I'm not going to let Bill do anything else to me. I'm ready. I've tried everything else.

So you
Thought you
Might like to go to the show
To feel the warm confusion
That space-cadet glow
Well, I've got some bad news for you, sunshine
Pink isn't well
He stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you fans really stand

No comments:

Post a Comment