Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Happiest Days Of Our Lives

I didn't go home last night. I didn't get any sleep. I was just walking around. And I skipped school today, too, because I know they'll send me home. I'm hiding out in the library again. Nobody knows I come here. It's not a popular place, and I can use one of the corner booths.

I fell asleep here, though, and I had a dream that I was back in school. Only Mr. Evans was looking weird, like he had all these things crawling around under his skin, long thin wormy things. And when he was giving the lesson, they popped out, one by one, and they were all little fleshy strands and they turned into marionette handles. He was a puppet, and there was another puppet - like, an actual puppet, only it had been carved to look like Ellen - standing in the corner and pulling the strings, and made him dance, and Mr. Evans turned into the schoolmaster from The Wall.


And even though it was still Mr. Evans doing all this stuff, shouting at me and telling me how wrong I was about everything like he always was, I knew the puppet lady was helping him along, or maybe she was controlling him, or maybe it was just... I don't know, I'm tired. And when I looked down at my own skin, there were little string things crawling around in there too.

...I've got to go home. I don't want to, but they'll have called the police by now and if I'm in the library when they find me they'll know what I've been doing. It's going to be bad either way. Really bad. I've never stayed away for this long before. Bill... I'm going to be spending a long time in the basement, I think, or up in the bedroom. But at least if I go home now when they don't know where I've been I'll still be able to use this blog later, when they let me out again.


You! Yes, you! Stand still, laddie!


When we were young and went to school
There were certain teachers who would hurt the children any way they could
By pouring their derision upon anything we did
Exposing every weakness, however carefully hidden by the kids


But in our town it was well known when they got home at night
Their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives

No comments:

Post a Comment