Thursday, March 1, 2012

Comfortably Numb

I'm okay. I'm okay. I haven't done anything to get them angry at me for the past few days. I've gotten to sleep. I'm lucid. I can think. I can walk. I'm getting used to the cold. I'm ignoring the Worms. The Worms aren't real. My skin isn't really crawling.

I can keep myself together. They're still hitting me and locking me in the basement and everything, but I can think now. There isn't as much of it. I'm being good. I'm not even getting in trouble at school. I'm gathering my strength. They don't even realize. They think the last time broke me. It didn't.

I've gotten used to it now. I can take whatever they want to throw at me. I can stand anything. Even the hallucinations of the puppet girl and the boy in blue following me, making me dance on the end of the Worm-strings. I know they're not real.

I'm almost ready. I've got one more thing to try before I end this. I don't think it'll work. Nothing else has. But I can take one more failure.

Okay
Just a little pinprick
There'll be no more AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
But you may feel a little sick
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on, it's time to go


There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look, but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone


I have become
Comfortably numb

No comments:

Post a Comment