Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Thin Ice

It's always cold in this town. It never really gets warm, even in the summer. It stops getting chilly, but you can still wear a jacket comfortably, and most people do. Frost happens pretty early on in the fall, too.

Except this one kid that I see around here sometimes. He doesn't go to school. He's just this little kid, I dunno how old, who wanders around in a blue shirt and jeans and never wears a coat no matter how cold it gets.

I saw him earlier today. I've thought about talking to him before, but I never have. I don't really talk to anybody. I've learned to stop trying, after the way all the rest of it turned out. All it does is set me up for people to turn on me later. Sometimes it's my parents lying to them about me. Other times they just... stop talking. I dunno why.

But I kind of feel like I'm friends with this kid anyway. Like he's the one person here who actually notices me, and doesn't hate me. He smiles at me when he sees me. He's younger than I am, but I feel like he sees things and he understands and he doesn't hate me for it. That's nice, kind of.

But I still kind of want someone who'll actually talk to me. And he never talks. That's why I'm here. Because nobody will. Not about just normal things. They always try and "fix" me. I don't want to be fixed like that. I just want somebody to talk to. They say I need to fix the big problems first, but I feel like the problems would... kind of fix themselves, I guess. If I just felt like I could talk to someone.

Mama loves you, baby
And Daddy loves you, too
And the sea may look warm to you, baby
And the sky may look blue
Ooh, babe


If you should go skating on the thin ice of modern life
Dragging behind you the silent reproach 
Of a million tear-stained eyes
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice appears under your feet
You'll slip out of your depth and out of your mind
With your fears flowing out behind you
As you claw the thin ice

No comments:

Post a Comment