Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Is There Anybody Out There?

Okay yes, it's pretentious and stupid to have everything here be based around The Wall. But I've got a reason.

That album is pretty much the only bright spot in my life right now. I'm alone. As alone as it's possible to be. And listening to that album is like hearing that somebody else went through the same thing, and knows what it feels like... and they got out eventually.

Because they did. I know everybody says the ending of the album is supposed to be ambiguous, but you know what, fuck them. Pink got his happy ending. There were people waiting for him when The Wall came down. That's what I choose to believe.

All alone, in ones and twos
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down 
Outside The Wall
Some hand in hand
Others gathered together in bands
The bleeding hearts and the artists
Make their stand


See? There were people waiting for him. Even when he couldn't see them, they were always trying.

So... that's why I'm here. I'm trying to tear down The Wall. I want a little bit of human contact that I can stand. I don't want to be alone any more.

Is there anybody out there?

1 comment: